ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is the best thing since the Internet! I’ve wanted a robotic vacuum cleaner since Roomba debuted in 2002. Wow, that was 16 years ago! I can’t believe I waited so long!
I’ve been using DEEBOT daily for about two months now, and I am continually impressed with its ability to clean my floors. Every day DEEBOT fills his canister with dog hair and dust, but even with that, I assumed my Dyson Ball Animal Upright Vacuum canister would be filled to the brim at least once during my monthly deep clean. (I usually have to empty it two or three times during a full-house vacuum.) You can imagine my surprise when barely a quarter of the canister was full after vacuuming the entire house! I couldn’t believe it!
One of my favorite things about DEEBOT is his ability to vacuum under my bed. I have three dogs, and dog hair always manages to collect under the bed. It’s annoying. Before DEEBOT I’d have to dismantle my bed at least twice a year to vacuum under it, now I just turn on DEEBOT, close the door and let him do his thing!
The thing I like the least about DEEBOT is that he gets stuck under the couch. Sometimes he gets obsessed with a certain route and even though I move him, he goes right back to the couch; this doesn’t happen all the time, but it’s frustrating when it does.
Here are some other fun things about DEEBOT:
- MULTIPLE CLEANING MODES: DEEBOT has four cleaning modes, auto, spot, edge, and single room. I use the auto mode when he’s vacuuming all areas of the house. The single room mode is great when I want him to get all the nooks and crannies.
- REMOTE CONTROL: The remote control allows you to control where DEEBOT goes, which is way more fun than it should be. I spent 30 minutes last week directing DEEBOT around my rug.
- HE FINDS ALL THE DRYER SHEETS: Dryer sheets get stuck in DEEBOT. Within two days DEEBOT found all the dryer sheets hidden under things around the house. I’m embarrassed at how many there were.
- MY DOGS AREN’T AFRAID: My two small dogs are terrified of my big vacuum, but they ignore DEEBOT completely. It would be awesome if they’d jump on DEEBOT and take a ride, but alas, they just ignore him.
- NO GPS: DEEBOT doesn’t have a GPS system, which means he isn’t tethered to a leash.
- Smart Phone App Controls: Schedule & track cleaning sessions, accessory status, battery life, & receive error alerts. Android & Apple compatible.
- Smart Motion Navigation & 3-Tier Cleaning System: Direct suction vacuum, helix brush-roll, dual side brushes combined with Smart Motion guided auto-clean & 3 specialized cleaning modes.
- Anti-Collision & Drop Sensor Protection: Comprehensive, intelligent sensor safety technology plus soft, durable protective bumpers.
- Max 100 Minute Battery Life: Lithium battery supports quiet, consistent cleaning & high-efficiency air filtration.
- One Year Warranty, plus Accessories: Includes (1) instruction manual, (1) remote control w/ batteries (2) sponge filter, (2) high-efficiency filter, (4) side brushes, (1) power adapter, (1) docking station & customer support.
Final Thoughts About the ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
I love my Ecovacs DEEBOT Robotic Vacuum Cleaner. Full disclosure, I was worried that it would be a novelty thing that would only work okay and I’d go back to my upright. I’m happy to report that I only use my upright now for the tools to vacuum my couch and am currently in the market for a handheld vacuum that’s great at cleaning furniture!